Reader Bob has tipped us off to the latest release being pushed out by Zonbu.
According to the Zonbu website, it has the following changes:
Version 5.803 – released 2007-08-27
- Adding telnet and rdpclient (experimental)
- Optimisation of the Zonbu file system for folders containig more than 1000 files.
- Improve handling of files whose name contain non-alphanumerical characters
- Printing of a Windows shared printer in now possible.
- Many fixes in the Kiosk edition.
- Kiosk edition keeps desktop settings and background.
- Addition of shortcuts to launch the Zonbu tools (zonbu_free_edition, zonbu_kiosk_edition, zonbu_rescue, zonbu_repair, zonbu_updater)
- Fix bugs in the automatic update system.
- Improve again the video driver.
- gnome-cups-manager gets stuck at “Scanning Hosts…” if no windows shares are available.
- In the burning confirmation dialog of xfburn, the burner does not appear, though burning works.
- Audio CD burning from Banshee is unreliable.
- Recording level monitor does not work properly.
- Klotski game does not start.
I’m pleased to see the video driver has further improved and I look forward to testing the other new improvements.
Could the telnet client be Putty, as I requested?