A new release is out. The changes are listed below. It looks like a significant and important release, with many applications being moved to the newest versions, including the instant messenger, Skype, Firefox, Gimp (Image Workshop), F-Spot and more!
Version 7.1066 – released 2007-12-16
- New Public Feature
- Vector Drawing software: Inkscape
- Sleep for Desktop Mini
- Desktop Clock widget: Cairo-Clock
- Improved login and network configuration controls
- Firefox upgraded to version 18.104.22.168
- Flash plugin upgraded which fixes numerous browsing bugs
- Gnome-mplayer upgraded to 0.5.2
- Redesign of the Desktop image selection control
- Timezone data update
- Update from Gaim 2.0 beta to Pidgin version 2.3.1
- Skype upgraded to version 22.214.171.124
- Image Workshop: Gimp upgraded to version 2.4.2
- New printer drivers with Gutenprint upgraded to version 5.1.3
- Photo Organizer: F-Spot upgraded to version 0.4.1
- gphoto2 upgraded to version 2.4.0
- Improved icon themes consistency
- Battery plugin simplification, improved battery notifications
- Removed Firefox pre-loading feature (still available in autostart)
- Enforce the presence of one and only one tasklist in the panel
- Fixed access permissions to HFS mass storage devices
- Fixed shaky sound output when plugging a capture-only USB sound card
- Added a lock feature to the halt, restart, hibernation and sleep processes to prevent launching of multiple processes by ACPI
- Check more often the battery level, enabling more accurate level-triggered actions
- Automatically bring down unplugged network interfaces
- Fixed Proxy Configuration integration in Network Assistant, the wrong tab was opened
- Fixed password saving issue when opening the configuration dialog in Firefox’s Content Filter
- Fixed installation of OpenGL/libGL on VMWare that caused problems when running Terminal and other applications
This is looking better all the time. Based on your review of the laptop and attaching HP printers, any idea how I can get a ColorJet 1600 to be recognized. Last I looked, it is not in the list of supported HP’s. Was thinking of using another driver in the same family, but not sure.
Thanks for the reviews etc….
The Public on-line access now has password protected folders. Good stuff.
I’m still having issues with my cache not clearing after moving a large file to Public. Do one or two big files and the next one gets rejected. Current solution, Hard Reset.
I’m anxious to try the new update as the Firefox/Flash issue is reportedly fixed. Unfortunately, nothing happens when I command the download of the update. There is no feedback as to download progress and the update never happens. The update dialog says the update is in progress. It is only reasonable to expect that the update actually occurs and completes in a timely manner.
I’ve read that an update “might” occur if I leave the computer powered-on over night. This is the type of “rough edge” that Zonbu needs to resolve, else the user experience is a bit too much like that of Microsoft.